It’s been a while since I’ve posted a list and I know you’re dying to learn more about me. (Also, I didn’t have time to write a real post.) So, without further ado, here is a list of “5 Things That Should Bother Me But Instead Make Me Awesome, pt. 1”:
- When browsing online for things to buy myself I always have to look through the “Gifts for Him Section” because the “Gifts for Her Section” is lame and doesn’t come with Beer Kits.
- I ALWAYS find something wrong with movies. Always. You call it annoying, I call it striving for perfection.
- I can’t start a book and not finish it, no matter how terrible it is. ‘Cause you never know if it might suddenly get good after 500 pages when you’re only a chapter from the end. It could happen (though it hasn’t yet).
- I constantly make up stories about people in my head, giving every casual acquaintance a long (and often tragic) backstory. This is great until I start to mix up the backstory I invented with their actual history. Asking a friend about the aunt they lost at sea or their missing toe gets rather awkward when it’s all made up.
- I am so socially awkward that I make Sheldon Cooper look like the most personable man in the world. Even if I can think of a million small top topics my mouth trips up and I end up just saying super weird things or giggling nervously or, if things are really bleak, saying “boogie boogie boogie” and attempting to dance. Even I wouldn’t want to talk to me.
Still, these quirks are a huge part of who I am and I wouldn’t change them for the world. Except maybe to improve my dancing skills as my awkward shaking to “boogie boogie boogie” is really quite ungainly.
PS. Stay tuned, dear reader! Friday’s post will be a good one 🙂