As I have mentioned before in my post about the Liebster Award, I am a really big fan of peer recognition in the blogging world. Now, I do recognize why some people don’t like the “chain letter” aspect of peer recognition awards but I can honestly say it is not something that has ever bothered me. I am always thrilled to find new blogs to follow and am always quite eager to recommend blogs to others.
And this, dear reader, is why I am BEYOND honoured to say that my blog, triSARAHtops has been nominated for the “Sisterhood of the World” Bloggers Award not once, not twice, but three times!
*please wait a moment while I pat myself on the back and pour a congratulatory glass of wine*
In order to accept this award (which I obviously will!) I have to do the following:
- Thank the Blogger who nominated me and link back to their site
- Put the award logo on my blog
- Answer the 10 questions sent to me
- Nominate 7 other blogs
- Make a list of 10 questions for my nominees.
I was nominated by the following blogs:
Babbling [C.] Brooks – I’m a relatively new subscriber to Babbling [C] Brooks but I am already a fan. It’s a cool new blog with everything from tips on how to make a great smoothie to general lifestyle posts. Definitely worth checking out.
Written in Rubies – Written in Rubies is a neat blog written by a blogger with one of the most impressive blogging resumes I have ever seen (check out her “About the Author” page). I’m a big fan of her poetry and always look forward to seeing new posts.
The Dark Roast – I am again a relatively new subscriber to the Dark Roast but I have been loving it. The Dark Roast writes general thoughts and observations and it’s always nice to read her perspective. Plus she always has the best gifs …
In other words, dear reader, check these blogs out!
Now, to answer the 10 questions (I just chose which of the 30 questions posed to me that I wanted to answer … that still counts, right?).
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Text Speak in real conversations. People who say things like LOL or IRL out loud send me into a blind rage (or just a mild spiral of annoyance, but that sounds far less exciting). I hate these trends in actual text messages but I loathe them in real conversations.
- What inspires you when writing blog posts?
Everything. Literally everything. Sometimes it is something that happened on the bus that triggered a monologue in my brain, sometimes it is boredom or excitement. Often it is my Dad telling me to write something. I have no “one process” for writing. I just write every day and find inspiration wherever I can (even if it’s a bit of a leap sometimes).
- What is your favourite thing about yourself?
My sense of humour. It can be very dry sometimes, and very slapstick at other times, but I love it.
- What’s your favourite quote?
‘Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.’ – Albus Dumbledore
- Who would you say has influenced you most in your life?
This is a hard one. Honestly, can I just count all of the members of my immediate family as one squishy being? My Mother has influenced me the most in terms of being myself, my Father has influenced me the most in terms of creativity, my Brother has influenced me the most in terms of drive, and my Sister has influenced me the most in every other way imaginable.
- Who is your literary/artistic hero and who is your favourite fictional character?
(This was actually two questions I smushed together, but whatever. It still counts as one.)
My literary/artistic hero is Felicia Day. Felicia Day is one of the most inspiring and amazing people out there. She made a career out of doing what she loves and she isn’t afraid to be human. I admire everything about her.
My favourite fictional character is Rory Gilmore. Rory came into my life at a young age and was there through all of my teen years. She taught me more in each hour of Gilmore Girls than I learned in any other human interaction. (That’s not weird, is it?)
- Why blogging?
Because my Dad told me to? I don’t know. I blog because it’s an easy way to share things I write and also because it holds me accountable to writing every day. I don’t write so that other people will read it (though I am always THRILLED to have new readers), I write because I always have and it’s something I need to do.
- What mood music do you listen to for creative purposes? I listen to a lot of folk and classical music when I write. It has to be old, familiar songs or ones I have played a thousand times so it is less distracting otherwise I just want to stop writing and boogie. Sometimes I will throw on a Disney Soundtrack, just because.
- What’s one piece of advice you’d give your fellow bloggers?
Don’t write for an audience, write for yourself.
- If you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be?
Don’t ever stop being quirky. Quirky is good. Quirky is great.
For the 7 blogs I am nominating:
All of these are AWESOME, and personally endorsed by me. So go ahead, dear reader, check ‘em out!
My 10 Questions for these bloggers are:
- Why do you write? (Please, feel free to be as pretentious as needed.)
- Who is your favourite fictional character?
- If you could only read three books (or series) for the rest of your life what would they be?
- Do you travel?
- If yes, where is the best place you have ever been?
- Truthfully, have you ever mistaken an article on The Onion as factual? (Don’t be ashamed, we’ve all been there…)
- What is your favourite genre to read?
- What is your favourite genre to write?
- What kind of happy dance do you do whenever you get a new subscriber?
- Honestly, how do you really feel about Peer Recognition Blogger Awards?
And on that note, my friends, I bid you adieu!