Last week I was nominated for the Creative Blogger Award and sadly, dear reader, I was unable to come up with a more creative way to tell you.
The nomination came from Only Bad Chi, a blog I discovered while drinking a Chai Latte and in my early morning brain-dead state I confused Chi with Chai and decided it was fate so I should read on. (I have since realized my error and am more than a little embarrassed about it. Perhaps I should switch to a drink with more caffeine in the morning?)
Anyways, Only Bad Chi is one of only six blogs I follow that I have not turned the email notifications off for (I don’t like to miss it). I LOVE her blog! It’s hilarious with just the right amount of snark and sass and a host of super great gifs that I am always tempted to rip off. Please, dear reader, check her out. You won’t regret it.
Dear reader, I will save you my spiel about why I love peer recognition awards (I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THEM!), and will instead jump right to the chase. The rules for the Creative Blogger Award are:
- Nominate a blog(s) and notify all nominees via their social media/blogs (nominate however many you want!)
- Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you
- Share five facts about yourself to your readers
- Pass these rules on to them
- Proudly display the Creative Blogger image in your post
With regards to nominations I choose to nominate two blogs:
The first is The Perks of Being An Artist. The Perks of Being an Artist is different from the majority of other blogs I follow but it’s one I really enjoy. (Especially this post about why it’s important to be nice). Also, she is an extremely talented artist which fits well with the Creative Blogger Theme.
The second is Ned’s Blog which is HILARIOUS. He has been featured on Freshly Pressed (a few times, I think) and is one of my favourite reads (and should be yours too!) (Read this post, it’s a great one and I’ve actually been tempted to bookmark it for constant inspiration!)
Now, on to my 5 facts:
- I still love Harry Potter. So. Very. Much.
- I don’t play a lot of video games, but I honestly believe that Final Fantasy 3(6) is the best game ever made, hands down, forever and I will argue this point until I am blue in the face.
- I am genuinely obsessed with travelling and I go on at least one trip a year. Sometimes it’s a small and short one, other times it’s long and far away. I do try and go somewhere new every year but sometimes I just need to hit up old favourites.
- I am a stupidly picky eater and am one of the most difficult people to cook for. Even I get irritated cooking for myself.
- I love to make homemade gifts for people but have the hardest time actually giving away the gifts. I mean, I just spent hours gluing bits of paper to that scrapbook and cutting all of the pictures just so, why should I give it away? What if the person I am giving it to doesn’t appreciate it? Maybe it’s better for me to have the handmade photo-transfer on canvas of their wedding photo? … Don’t get me wrong, I always end up giving them the present, but a big part of me resents it. Is that weird?
Thank you for reading and please take the time to view both my nominees and my nominator. They are all great blogs and worth a follow!