I have recently been nominated for the Versatile Bloggers Award and while I gratefully (and not so humbly) accept, I am a bit self-conscious. I don’t consider myself particularly versatile, rather I identify more as a one trick pony. I write self-deprecating, sarcastic stories and awkward love letters and am able to lure you in, Dear Reader, thinking you are about to read something profound instead of just another retelling of how awesomely awkward I am.
But still, an award is an award and I happily and greedily accept this one.
In fact I am considering going to the local trophy store and having one made up just so I can tell visitors to my home that “Yes, I have been nominated for a LEGITIMATE blogging award.”
Peer recognition is, as far as I am concerned, as legitimate as it gets.
To start off I would like to thank My Middle Name is Sarcasm for the nomination. As you can already tell by the awesome title for her blog, “My Middle Name is Sarcasm” is hilarious and definitely worth reading! Her blog always makes me snort and snicker to myself while I catch up on my reading on the bus which both gives me something distracting to do during my commute AND deters people from sitting next to me as no one wants to sit next to the odd girl snorting and snickering alone.
To accept this award (which I already said I am going to do) I have to:
- Thank the person who nominated me: Once again, “My Middle Name is Sarcasm”, thank you!
- List 7 random facts about myself.
- Nominate 5 other bloggers for this award.
Telling people random facts about me is something I LOVE to do so I am more than happy to oblige:
- I LOVE romance novels
- Iceland is the top place on my Travel List
- I obsessively start creative projects but usually move on to the next idea before finishing the first one
- I stress bake
- My favourite colour is purple, though I have never seen the movie “The Colour Purple”
- I don’t like the TV show ‘Breaking Bad’
- It really, really, really bothers me that I am only supposed to share 7 facts.
Now, to nominate 5 other bloggers for this prestigious award!
- Pointing Telescopes (Shannon Noel Brady) writes a wicked blog. She has a great writing style, is funny, and generally makes me think which is awesome. You should DEFINITELY check out her blog.
- My second recomendation is Suddenly They All Died and if the name doesn’t make you want to check out this blog then there is something seriously wrong with you.
- In My Cluttered Attic is another neat blog definitely worth checking out. Also, he is responsible for some of my favourite comment banter which is great.
- Almost Iowa, this blog is ALWAYS good for a laugh (all caps necessary) and should most definitely be on your follow list.
- And last but certainly not least, One Salty Blonde, a fellow Canadian who is the perfect combo of snark and wit.
Dear Reader, please check out these blogs and for other great recommendations check out the other peer recognition awards I have received, The Liebster Award, The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award, and The Creative Blogger Award.
With all of these peer awards I’m obviously kind of a big deal.