Well, Dear Readers, you asked for it! (Or maybe I’m just pretending you did? Whatever.) Here it is, for your reading pleasure, my very own Friend Resume! Hopefully this means we can be friends for real now and hang out sometimes. I’ll make quiche …
To become your friend. Perhaps not your best friend, but who knows? Maybe we have lots in common? Maybe we will even plan trips together and go on double dates all the time? And play board games!
Skills and Experience
Organization and Communication
- I am an excellent colour coder and love the recreational use of excel.
- I have over 10 years of experience in planning Theme Nights and hosting small parties which I like to call “Gatherings” (you know, for the sophistication factor).
- I always text back within 6 hours unless I am out of town, in which case I have already let you know I am out of town and have set up an out of office on my voicemail.
- I use the Facebook ‘Like’ button sparingly so that when I do use it you know I am being sincere.
- I am a wonderful listener and very rarely let on when I am judging you.
- I’m definitely not interested in your significant other. Like, at all.
(But that in no way reflects on you and your taste. I’m just very happy with my fella. No, your partner isn’t awful (well …) … Can we just avoid this topic until we’re both drunk?)
Hobbies (or, Things We Might Have in Common)
- Crafts and Pinterest Nights
- Board Games
- Baking (and eating)
- Super Cool Things (Doctor Who, Marvel Comics, Harry Potter … you know, awesome stuff)
- Reading and Starting Book Clubs that never actually amount to anything
- Drinking Beer
The Board Game Peeps November 2013 – Present
We play board games. Perhaps you can join us? Unless you’re super competitive in which case we can only hold it on nights that you are busy.
In the interest of full disclosure we don’t actually call ourselves ‘Peeps’ … I don’t really know why I’m saying it now.
Former Chapters Co-Workers September 2009 – Present (Kind of …)
I mean, sure, we don’t hang out very often now but that’s because I moved … probably. Back in the day we hung out all the time!
The “A Team” January 1997 to April 1997
(no, not that “A Team” … I am referring to the popular group in Elementary School)
I was one of the “Cool Girls” in school for almost four months! That was definitely a record for a socially awkward and kinda chubby tom boy …
Julia Porter April 1987 – Present
We basically have all the fun! And our Mom only forces her to hang out with me half the time, the rest is because she actually wants to!
Ok. Maybe 75%….
REFERENCES PROVIDED UPON REQUEST
Or you can just call my Dad!
Esteemed Blogger Friends! Now it’s your turn! Please share with me your best Friend Resume either in the comments or on your own blog so I can find out if our Friendship can continue or if we are doomed to remain casual blogging acquaintances.