Over the last week I have had a disturbing number of dreams about work.
First I had a nightmare where my work phone was replaced with a massive old school rotary phone and my computer was swapped with one from the early 90’s. The image of those large floppy discs piled up in front of me and teetering on the edge of my desk is still burned in my mind.
It was horrifying.
Then on Thursday night I dreamed about an entire work day, start to finish, and then felt completely cheated when I actually had to go to work on Friday morning. Apparently dream work days don’t count no matter how accurate they are.
(At least that’s what my boss told me. I am still waiting on a second opinion.)
Finally last night I dreamed that I had brought my filing proposal to my boss and she loved it which was awesome and so delightful! Then I woke up which ruined everything. Everyone knows that when you dream about something important going well it is obviously going to be a disaster in reality. That’s just science.
Obviously work has been on my mind so much lately that it has invaded my subconscious and I am not very happy about it. Sure, I love my job, but the 40 hours a week is more than enough thank you very much.
This is why I have decided to gift you, dear reader, with a list of “Ten Things I Would Much Rather Dream about than Work” (Or, “Even My Subconscious is Boring”). Hopefully this list will inspire me to be a bit more interesting in my sleep.
- Hogwarts, Obviously.
- Being a Mermaid.
- Traveling with The Doctor and going into the future so that we can binge watch all of the planned Marvel Movies.
- Owning a pet Dinosaur.
- Sleep. (I figure if I dream about sleep that counts as double the rest, right?)
- Being best friends with Felicia Day.
- Having my own cooking show.
- Finding out I have enough points for 10 free movies on my Scene Card.
- Writing a novel AND mastering the art of wearing my glasses on the end of my nose in order to look more sophisticated. (Those two things go hand in hand, right?)
Now I just have to train myself to think about one of these things really hard right before I fall asleep. Wish me luck!